Our advocacy programme is comprehensive and provides services at no charge to individuals whose issue falls within provincial human rights legislation.
Our advocates are experienced individuals with an expertise in human rights law. Their work is supervised by qualified and committed lawyers ensuring a high and consistent level of quality service.
Our current advocacy service includes the provision of:
- legal information and advice for people who experience discrimination,
- technical assistance with framing formal complaints made under provincial human rights legislation,
- research of case law and the provision of advice as to the merits of clients claims,
- initiation of formal disclosure procedures and assistance in preparing clients for evidence disclosure,
- design and production of client settlement offers and agreements,
- client representation through settlement discussions, early mediation processes, and with filing preliminary applications and responding to applications to dismiss