Our vision is a society where everyone understands both their rights and responsibilities under BC’s human rights laws.
We provide dynamic and engaging workshops and training to achieve this goal.
Education Programs we provide:
Information and training on the basics of human rights law:
- What are human rights?
- How are human rights protected?
- What can I do if my human rights are violated?
- What can I expect if I file a human rights complaint?
Information and training for businesses – employers, managers, human resource professionals, small business owners and more – on preventing human rights complaints and complying with human rights obligations:
- The duty to accommodate employees with disabilities
- Preventing, investigating and responding to sexual harassment
- Creating a respectful, inclusive and discrimination-free workplace
- Process and procedures of the Human Rights Tribunal
Information and training for other groups with human rights obligations:
- Service providers
- Educational institutions
- Band councils
Public legal education on new, timely and developing human rights issues. For example:
- Implications of cannabis legalization
- Accommodating students with special needs
- New case developments and changes in the law
Support and advice to community organizations, advocates and service providers to help them meet the human rights needs of their clients
Information and advocacy for law-makers and other decision-makers about trends, issues and law reform priorities in the area of human rights
"I learned more than I could have expected."
"Well worth attending."
"The presenter was engaging, informative and sensitive."
"I loved it all! Great overview without becoming overwhelmed by information."
"A great day - thank you!"